List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Kant -> Kate ?
From:       Cullmann Christoph <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2001-03-31 14:44:21

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:32:00 +0200
From: Cullmann Christoph <crossfire@babylon2k.de>
To: kwrite-devel@kde.org
Cc: kde-kant@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de,
kde-core-devel@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

Hi,
after most people think KAuthor sounds to much like web authoring (or
something like that), would be Kate an alternative ? (KDE Advanced Text
Editor).
Kate is neutral, no other app has it as a name (not on sourceforge.net and
not on freshmeat.net) and it will (nearly) sound like the nice female dragon
katie ;)

Any comments, suggestions ?

P.S. We should come to an end with this disscusion soon, because the rename
will cause some work for the doc writers and i18n people, too. KDE Beta 1 is
very near and renaming mut be done before it is out, or the users will be
more than confused.

cu
Christoph