List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: compiling CVS under FreeBSD with X4.0.3 and threading ...
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-31 12:47:50

Hi,

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On a slightly modern system with gcc USE_THREADS should be "-pthread" and
> > nothing more.  Report back if this works.  We might anyway slowly migrate
> > to threading in KDE.

(Yep, I meant the place you showed in the lasz mail)

> checking whether g++ supports -pthread... (cached) yes
> Setting FreeBSD pthread compilation options -lX11 $(LIBSOCKET) -pthread
>
> so the -pthread is added ... the above I just added $LIB_X11 to the end of
> the echo that was already there, so show what it was being set to ...
>
> yet its still not getting in there?

Hmm, can you check the Makefile?  LIB_X11 should contain "-pthread".  Note
also, that LIB_X11 only comes in from libDCOP.la for dcopserver, so also
libDCOP.la needs to be rebuild, for that change to take effect.  Hmm,
wait... Ohh, I'm dumb.  You need to set CXXFLAGS (and CFLAGS) instead
LIB_X11 to get the -pthread into all link commands. (the reason is that
-pthread is not remembered by libtool in the deplibs section, even if it
sucks in another library (of course on FreeBSD it only switches
libraries).

Ciao,
Michael.