List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Any new name suggestions for Kant ?
From:       Cullmann Christoph <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2001-03-31 8:40:39

Am Samstag, 31. März 2001 08:19 schrieb Scott Manson:
> On Thursday 29 March 2001 12:46 pm, Cullmann Christoph wrote:
> > Hi,
> > at dot.kde.org and in many mails people want a rename of kant to
> > something more intuitive (and "kant" seems to be pronounced like "c*nt",
> > which isn't very nice).
> > Therefor I want to get some suggestions of a new name for Kant.
> > Any ideas, comments, ... ?
> >
> > The new name should fullfill following things (which the current name
> > doesn't fullfill):
> > 1. People should get a hint what the app is (a texteditor).
> > 2. It should be not to long (nobody wants to type 10.000 letters to start
> > it). 3. Should start with K (would be nice, but perhaps no real MUST).
>
> Aside from my tongue-in-cheek response would something along the lines of
> Kate  K or KDE Advanced Text Editor  or as people In the know would be able
> to pronounce it it Katy?
> This has to be better than NoAtun (no offense Charles ) which sounds
> something like a sneeze ;)
>
> But all seriousness aside I would hope that more bug fixing or my personal
> favorite (less BLOAT) goes into the development than the discussion about
> what to call it.
What's bloat ? (k, there should be a option to disable the load of the
console but which other things are bloated ???).
WE NEED A NAME ! Beta 1 comes out next week (or in 2 weeks) and until then we
need a name (better, we need it as fast as possible because a new name will
cause a rename of the most files and all KantClasses to i.e. KateClasses).

cu
Christoph