List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Either fix konsole or DO NOT SUPPORT AA!
From:       Christian A =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F8mmen=20=5BNumber1=2FNumeroUno=5D?= <number1 () rea
Date:       2001-03-27 20:17:21

This is starting to worry me, when using AA you can't use konsole (without
starting it with something like "sh -c "QT_XFT=0 ; konsole""), so what does
this mean for KDE?  Well, first off all the new distributions coming out now
will have AA support by default for all supported harware, this means that
new users that tries linux for the first time will install (without knowing
anything about AA), start up (with kde :) and when they start up the konsole
(which they will sooner or later) they will have a lot of problems using this.

First of, WHY doesn't konsole work with AA?  what makes this application so
special that the fonts look like <insert bad word here> in it?  and why can't
anybody seem to get around to fix this?

Sorry if I sounded angry above, I'm just a bit frustrated over this :)

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@realityx.net /