List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New QT tear-off menus
From:       Chad Frick <setzer () flash ! net>
Date:       2001-03-30 3:44:36

"If it will be off by default, maybe one could think about putting it in the
"Toolbar Menu" context menu. That way it's fast to reach and fast to switch
on or off."

Excellent idea.  Now that you mention the gimp, I do see how they could be
beneficial with the gimps convoluted chains of submenus.  While I think that
tear-offs would only serve to confuse a new user, or an 'average' user who
merely wishes to play cards and read e-mail, I would never absolutely rule
out the existance of any UI feature which could be turned on by those who
would actually recieve benefit from them (the power users).