List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Question about method for running w/root
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-30 2:06:31

   klaptopdaemon now has builtin PCMCIA support for Linux.  However this
requires root access in order to run.  I don't like the idea of the user
having to type in a root password in order to run this upon login though.
For my own purposes, I'm using sudo so that I"m not prompted.  This still
isn't ideal, especially because the user has to edit the sudoers file.  Is
there a way to get kdesu to do this?  Or would it be a good idea to support
calling sudo and having a sudoers editor?

--

George Staikos