List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: compiling CVS under FreeBSD with X4.0.3 and threading ...
From:       Michael Matz <matzmich () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-03-29 8:10:06

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> 	Using the latest code, I'm having a bugger of a time with
> threading and the use of -pthread ...
>
> 	If I do a straight configure, it fails at the QT checks due to a
> lack of -pthread:

Well, the easiest solution would be, to configure libqt with --no-opengl.
Because if the GL libs need threading, also libqt needs to be compiled
with threading, and because of that all of KDE (which can't be done right
now by a simple configure option, as you noticed).

> "USE_THREADS = -pthread" is set in dcop/Makefile, but doesn't appear to be
> used?

Correct.  That variable was not intented to be used as an addend to each
and every LDFLAGS line, but instead for only some programs which need
threading on their own.

Ciao,
Michael.