List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Question for Qt experts about geometry management...
From:       "Pascal A. Niklaus" <Pascal.Niklaus () unibas ! ch>
Date:       2001-03-26 3:24:25

Hi everybody,

I have spent hours trying to get a certain geometry management, but failed.
I therefore hope very much for some hints by some of the Qt experts out
there...

What I'd like to do is a geometry management that allows widgets (in a
QFrame, managed by QGridLayout) to grow  so that they fill a QScrollView
horizontally (but don't get larger! There will therefore never be a
horizontal scrollbar).
However, the QFrame (in the QScrollView) should be allowed to grow higher
(vertically larger) than the QScrollView... (there will then be a vertical
scrollbar).

The whole thing is a form to display and enter data...

Currently, the problem is:
- if I don't use a QScrollView-derived widget, the stuff behaves exactly as
I want, but there is of course no vertical scrollbar...
- if I put everything in a QScrollView, the view expands horizontally to
ca. 3x the width of the QScrollView, which is awkward...

I was looking for some sizePolicy in the QGridLayout, but could not find
what I needed. I also checked  the sizeHint() of the individual widgets,
but it is well below the width where there would be a need to expand
everything horizontally to a size larger than the current QScrollViews width.

Thanks for any advice !

Pascal