List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFileView
From:       Michael Jarrett <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2001-03-23 15:26:40

Alexandre Sagala wrote:

> How can I go about building a listing of myfilesytem using a  KFileView . Do
> I have to inherit the class ? This is probably a basic question but cant seem
> to find the answer because all the fonction documentation is empty. Thanks

KFileView is an abstract class - you will either have to implement it in
a subclass, or use one of the pre-defined KFile<XXX>View classes which
KDirOperator uses.

To actually do the directory listings, you will have to use
KIO::DirLister.
KDirOperator is a useful widget if you wish to do this in the standard
way - it incorporates the default views implemented in kfile.

Michael Jarrett
michaelj@corel.com
--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail