List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm and xinerama
From:       Laurent Montel <lmontel () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-23 9:50:37

Le Vendredi 23 Mars 2001 09:34, Oswald Buddenhagen a écrit :
> > is it possible to detect xinerama option and moving kdm to the first
> > monitor ?
>
> look at the setup panel, tab "appearance". ;-)
> i actually thought about automatically detecting xinerama, too, but
> i was convinced, that the manual positioning is more flexible.

Yes the manual positioning  is more flexible but if each times that you
logout  kde and login kde with kdm you must move kdm, I think that
at the end, users will say :" it's not easy to type my password in kdm".

It's better if kdm is positionning in a specific monitor, and not between the
twice.

bye