List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using KDE in corporate environment - Queries and suggestions
From:       Jorg Ziefle <gt4556a () prism ! gatech ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-13 14:23:36

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 01:54:02PM -0500, Michael Jarrett wrote:

> biswapesh.chattopadhyay@bt.com wrote:

> Hotmail in particular is very difficult - and it has been tried by a
> few adventurous people in the past. The web interface switches between
> SSL and normal at least once (maybe twice), uses several cookies in
> the interim, and a few tricks that nobody has successfully been able
> to follow.

This is not quite true.  About a year ago, I wrote a little Perl program
which created arbitrary Hotmail accounts from the command line. :)  You
can see my article in the German "Linux-Magazin", issue 10/2000 for more
details (a copy can be found at
http://www.normans.isd.uni-stuttgart.de/~ziefle/publications/linux-magazin/).
I dunno if it'll work nowadays because they are changing their interface
quite a lot.  As well, I developed a similar program for the German
email-service GMX (www.gmx.de).

If there is interest, I herewith offer my contribution in the future
(that means, as soon as I find the time).  But as I suspect, Perl is
unfortunately not very popular in the KDE community.

Regards,

Jörg