List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using KDE in corporate environment - Queries and suggestions
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2001-03-12 19:42:10

On Monday 12 March 2001 19:54, Michael Jarrett wrote:
> biswapesh.chattopadhyay@bt.com wrote:
> > 2. SMB browsing. Again, this is probably distribution specific as well
> > but why isn't kio_lan built by default ? I'm still unable to get SAMBA
> > browsing to work with Konqueror inspite of the (much appreciated) help
> > from AlexX, probably because there is no LISA support (?)
>
> Last time I used lisa on a corporate network, my MAC address was blocked
> in under a day. It is not a refined tool IMHO, nor does it work in the

If you read the README, you should have known that this might happen. Still
you would have been able to try to explain your admin what is going on.
Did you see the option "use nmblookup" ? Did you use it ? Did your admin
still not like it ?
Did you try the restricted version, which exists exactly for this reason ?

Well, I am open to suggestions, this is the first version of lisa :-)

> way many people would expect from a "Network Neighbourhood" kind of
> perspective.
> (shameless plug here) Corel Linux does provide full Windows network
> browsing from their file manager. It's an Explorer-ish interface and
> quite nice indeed.

Sorry, not really.

Bye
Alex