List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: User Interface guide
From:       Derek Fountain <derekfountain () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-03-10 0:17:10

> Yes. I have the 'hide buttons' disabled in kicker so that I can hit
> the K menu an my 'konsole' icon easily (they're at opposite ends of
> kicker.)
>
> I think perhaps this should be the default. Does anyone think that
> it's better to have the 'hide buttons' enabled by default ?

I agree. The hide buttons should be disabled by default. The corners of
the screen are much to useful to have these in the way.

Also, while on this topic, it would be useful to remove the grab handle
from the end of any external taskbars for the same reason: they get in
the way when the user wants to find the icon at the corner of the
screen. The functionality could be replaced by left-clicking/dragging
the bar itself.