List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Three separate discussions about mouse pointers on three different lists
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2001-03-09 14:53:46

I apologize most profusely to those who may have seen this message before.
I've had a little trouble the mailer responding to this particular message.

On Thursday 08 March 2001 04:28, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:

> I tried this once, and it sucks. First of all, the mouse image will be way
> behind where the X-Server thinks the mouse is, and secondly, you will loose
> the differently shaped cursors for example on the corners of the window, if
> you chase the hotspot with your image.

I think this is worth a second look. When I'm in Konqueror and I drag a
thumbnail, it stays right with the mouse, no problem, even if it's
multicoloured and relatively large, and even though my machine only turns in
a paltry 599 bogomips.  At this point it would be difficult to convince me
that a pseudocursor would be too slow.

--
We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.
		-- La Rochefoucauld