List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Usability Study (was Re: User Interface guide)
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-03-09 13:39:52

On Friday 09 March 2001 19:24, Jonathan Bacon wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just thought I would let everyone know that myself and Lee Jordan are
> in the process of building a KDE Usability Study to test for many of
> the UI interface flaws that we may not realise.
>
> Lee is currently maintaing a website for the study while I am getting
> the KDE booth at the UK Linux Expo ready. We are going to conduct the
> research at the Expo, and should have some usable figures after.
>
> We are just getting the test conditions and test questions ready at the
> moment, and anyone who is interested in contributing should get in
> touch.
>
>    KDE Usability Study Site: http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~f9913820/kde/
>    UK KDE Linux Expo Booth site: http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~f9808590/

Hi, I checked the questions they look ok. However, how about making the users
perform some specific tasks and make them speak up loudly what they expect
(as was mentioned in the userinterface article) the program / environment to
do ? I think this is a very good way of discovering possible flaws in the UI.

Jelmer