List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE colors, fonts and mouse poibters
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-08 8:40:50

#if Melchior FRANZ
> [inverted mouse cursors]
>
> * Rik Hemsley -- Thursday 08 March 2001 01:19:
> > Hmm... I thought it would be possible to do that by telling X to swap
> > the cursor colours. Perhaps not.
>
> That would of course be the best solution. But, although I have almost
> no knowledge about X, I don't think it is that easy. And the fact, that
> Qt defines its own cursors, doesn't make it easier. It would probably be
> best, to let KDE define =all= cursors and not to use any X/Qt cursors
> directly at all. On the other hand it wouldn't be too ugly to have
> another two cursor fonts "cursor_white.pcf.gz" and "cursor_large_white.pcf.gz"
> aside "cursor_large.pcf.gz".

My brain can't cope with finding a way to use the 'large cursors'
setting thing while also allowing to put files called 'cursor.pcf.gz'
in ~/.kde/share/fonts/override. So... perhaps I should instead make
a kcontrol module that lets you add fonts, plus another which allows
you to specify which font you want to use for cursors, with the
'standard' and 'large' cursor fonts always available of course.

Rik