List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: XCreateWindow - Invisible ??
From:       thibaut colar <tcolar () qarbon ! com>
Date:       2001-03-07 2:33:44

Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:14:47 -0800
From: thibaut colar <tcolar@qarbon.com>
To: Rik Hemsley <rik@kde.org>

Some more explanations:

Our program is used to take screenshot of an application or wm,
What it does is draw a rectangle on the background (desktop/walpaper),
this is the screen capture area.
It also open a small window which are some controls, like end screenshot
session.
Then the user place the traget application in the capture area and press the
"pause" key or other if the user choose another one, to take screenshots.

It works fine with gnome wmaker and cde under mandrake, redhat and solaris.

With kde2.0 The problem was that the screenshot area rectangle didn't appear,
because it was under the desktop window, this is fixed by the vroot.h
(someone from kde explained me that), however it was still not working in
kde2.0 because of some bug fixed since2.1.

It was working pretty good with mandrake 7.2 and kde2.1 together.

We need to release our product with mandrake 8.0
So i'm now testing on mdk 8.0 beta (iso) which includes kde 2.1
The scapture area rectangle is there but the window doesn't show up ?
Also it looks like I don't get the key events anymore through other
applications (event hook) ,  what's going on ??
btw: I did recompile under 8.0

Thank you.

--
Thibaut Colar (tcolar@qarbon.com)