List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gnome dvd player
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-03-04 12:17:16

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> With all the respect to videolan project, you might be interested to try Xine.
> http://xine.sourceforge.net - it's WAY faster...

Hi

With all the respect to Xine project, you might be interested to try
Xmovie.
http://heroinewarrior.com/xmovie.php3
Last time I have checked - it's faster ... and more comfortable than Xine
(say konq: mime-typ IFO -> xmovie and play a DVD)

and it's
+ based on libmpeg3 (C written)
+ has a build-in C++ wrapper for libmpeg3
+ multithreading programmed

but
- it has a weak integration of avifile (DivX:-)

Bye

  Thorsten