List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gnome dvd player
From:       Greg Turpin <gregturp () home ! com>
Date:       2001-03-04 7:12:01

Greetings list!!

   Hmmmm....this makes me think.
   Should KDE be doing this sort of stuff?  Redoing the UI so that
it is more integrated with KDE?
   I don't see why it wouldn't run under KDE, it just wouldn't be a
"native" KDE app.
   The TODO list on the site does not mention any planned KDE
porting efforts.

   I guess I'm just asking - Should KDE take good GNOME apps
and port them to KDE?  Is it "open-source" ethical?  Should we use valuable
developer time on it?

   I would be willing to take this task if we think this is viable.  I've
been wanting to get involved in a KDE application for quite some time now.

Just wondering,

   Greg

--

Greg Turpin