List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: FYI: MD5 and other codecs in kdelibs
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-03 18:45:25

#if Dawit Alemayehu
> Hello,
>
> This is just a reminder for those that may not already be aware that there is a c++
> implementation of the md5 algorithm in kdelibs/kio. These files, kmdcodec.*, also
> provides base64 and uuencode/decode functionalities.

I just looked at this.

* There are many non-static functions in the global namespace which don't
  have a K prefix.

* Is initialising a static char * with 'new char[128]' at point of
  declaration a good idea ? I don't know if this can cause problems.

* base64Encode takes a QString as argument and base64Decode returns
  a QString. Shouldn't they be QByteArrays ? I don't know if putting
  binary data into a QString is a good idea.

* Same goes for uu(de)code.

* KMD5::update takes Q_UINT8 and a length parameter. Shouldn't that be a
  QByteArray also ?

Rik