List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE colors, fonts and mouse poibters
From:       Reinhard Thies <thiesr () camerondiv ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 6:48:54

One other problem seems tobe that you can't chabge the color of the mouse cursor.
That one should not be black on black background.
Furthermore if you use lets say KWORD it will always have a fixed white background !?
And all the other KDE Applicaion mostly using white background .,(

Regards
Reinhard

Matt Newell wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 February 2001 11:38, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to comment a bit on this. My problem with creating such a high
> > > contrast colorscheme is that the frames of things like a buttongroup (or
> > > any other kind of group) can't be set to a lighter color. So there's no
> > > frame (like the one around the contrast slider in look&feel->colors)
> > > visible when setting the window background to completely black. I don't
> > > know if this is a problem with the style rendering code or with Qt in
> > > general. Any ideas ?
> >
> > Well, we can make a style that does what you want. If only we know how it
> > should look like :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Waldo
>
> No, I think that there is a more fundamental problem.  It seems that every
> widget uses the right color, but draws it borders with a *DARKER* version of
> that color.  If you set the color to black, then the borders get drawn with
> black.  The correct behavior, would be to use a lighter border whenever the
> color reaches a certain darkness.
>
> I feel bad taking part in this discussion because I don't really have time to
> fix the problem myself :(
>
> Matt Newell

Cameron GmbH - Lueckenweg 1 - 29227 Celle - Germany

This e-mail is confidential, may contain proprietary information of the Cooper
Cameron Corporation and its operating Divisions and may be legally privileged. This
e-mail should be read, copied and/or used only by the addressee. If you have received
this message in error please delete it, together with any attachment(s), from your
system.