List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE colors, fonts and mouse poibters
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-02-27 11:41:33

On Tuesday 27 February 2001 08:40, Matt Newell wrote:
> Go to Look & Feel->Colors. Set the standard background, and the button
> background, and the window background to the desired *DARK* color or your
> choice.  Then set standard text, window text, and button text to the
> desired Light color of your choice, then hit apply.  This should give you
> the high contrast you are looking for.
I'd like to comment a bit on this. My problem with creating such a high
contrast colorscheme is that the frames of things like a buttongroup (or any
other kind of group) can't be set to a lighter color. So there's no frame
(like the one around the contrast slider in look&feel->colors) visible when
setting the window background to completely black. I don't know if this is a
problem with the style rendering code or with Qt in general. Any ideas ?

Perhaps looking at the way windows does it gives you guys an idea of what I
mean (sorry, it's hard to explain).

Jelmer Feenstra