List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: size of popup completion box
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-02-07 19:16:24

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 07:41:30PM +0100, David Smith wrote:

Hi,

> Popup completion doesn't resize properly when the number of items
> in the list increases while the list is open. With this patch the
> size is adjusted each time popup() is called.
> Can it be commited?

no, unfortunately this patch makes it rather unfriendly. It would
basically resize on every keypress, which is really annoying (I had it
that way in the very beginning and didn't like it at all).

The list would only enlarge when backspacing tho, right? Maybe we could
only enlarge the box (i.e. by comparing current size and sizeHint) instead
of always resizing?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer