List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New to KDE devel.
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-02-07 18:07:10

Frerich Raabe wrote:
> > Get kdesdk from CVS, there is a nice script that just build a new app
> > skeleton. It's called kapptemplate
>
> It built a whole browser the last time I checked. :-}

One of the modules does, yes.  I did a pretty big rewrite a few days
ago that made kapptemplate more modular.  You can now generate one of
four projects:

1) A "normal" KDE application with every bleeding-edge feature.  The
   example code creates a web browser
2) A KPart KDE application with a Shell and Part.  The example code
   creates a text editor
3) A KPart Plugin that interacts with KHTMLPart.  The example code is
   a *very* simple babelfish plugin
4) A generic framework that can import existing source into the KDE
   automake/autoconf framework
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop