List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SHOWSTOPPER(?): kcontrol is empty after editing with kmenuedit
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-02-07 8:12:46

On Wednesday 07 February 2001 00:48, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2001 18:32, Rinse de Vries wrote:

> > >I think this is strictly Mandrake specific and you should bug Mandrake
> > > about.
> >
> > Hem, I use SuSE 7.0 withe kde 2.01 and got this problem, And know of
> > another poster who uses RH with kde 2.1 and got this problem...
>
> Oh, sorry. Then this means KDE-2 own's menu editor is as broken as
> Mandrake's menu editor was a few months ago, and this has to be fixed ASAP.

I fixed the problem on a KDE 2.0.1 SuSE 7 system some weeks ago by setting

a) the KDEDIR enviroment variable correctly in konsole (was still pointing to
the kde 1 dir)
b) running kbuildsycoca once

So it really looked like a bad default installation of the SuSE KDE RPMs.

Schimmi

--
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then
I realized who was telling me this.