List:       kde-devel
Subject:    AW: lanbrowsing - important PATCH proposal
From:       "Ferdinand Gassauer" <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-02-01 17:35:36

Is already there.

> With this I wanted to make sure that every user at least reads
> the texts in
> the control center.

The line
m_configured=config->readBoolEntry("AlreadyConfigured",false);
in
kio_lan.cpp
should read
m_configured=config->readBoolEntry("AlreadyConfigured",true);

to avoid this message.

Can I commit this patch ??

> >but I found the file in /root/.kde/share/config/lisarc
> >
> >I tried inb konqueror - apparently successfuly, because it lists
> the hosts
> > on the net
> >http://localhost:7741
> >
> >245404548 ip-vk2.w.ftp.com
> >228627332 ip-contr.w.ftp.com
> >44077956 kg-gf1.w.ftp.com
> >3751842692 linux2.w.ftp.com
> >27300740 weisa.w.ftp.com
> >60855172 ip-pl1.w.ftp.com
> >3735065476 linux1.w.ftp.com
> >0 succeeded
> >
> >any idea?
>
> Oh, didn't know that it works with http ;-)
>
> >BTW some ideas
> >It was a bit confusing, to get to this point reading the README
> >1) the location of the config file (should eventualy be displayed in
> >kcontrol-lanbrowsing)
>
> ok, but after 2.1.
>
> >2) missing startup script which should go into /sbin/init.d - I
> can provide
>
> this is probably system specific, I don't know how to handle this
> in a good
> way.
Hmm! The location is system specific, but IMHO not the shell script.

> >it after my setup works realiable.
> >3) --config=FILE apparently needs the full path ?
> yes
should be mentioned in the doc

> >4) a "start lisa" option   should be included in kcontrol
> no, this should be done by root. reslisa can be started automatically.
> (security concerns)

As lisa can only be configured as root - what are the security concerns to
(re)start lisa with a button?

> >5) a "run as root (modify)" option  should be included in kcontrol
> see 4)
>
> Btw. I'm offline from now until 11th february,
>
> ThanX
> Alex

Happy journey
cu