List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Wishes (was: Question for Kmail developers)
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2001-01-30 3:17:47

Harri Porten wrote:

> One observation: kde-devel has mutated into a "wish list" lately.
> Everybody missing a feature in KDE please use bugs.kde.org with
> severity:wishlist, contact the developer(s) directly or - even better -
> provide a patch.
>
> We have to keep this list on topic to avoid even more developers
> unsubscribing due to the high volume and low SNR.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harri.

Observation on your observation.  This is not a "wishlist" item only,
because it relates directly to kde development.  I need to be able to
monitor the mail on these lists and organize it to suit my needs to be a
"better" kde developer - not that I do a very good job of responding to
email in any event.  But I do much better with Netscape mail than with
Kmail.

You did not answer my question or provide any substance in your reply to
my thoughtful and well written email.  Instead you delivered a silly,
pompous lecture.

I'm sure that as I read on somebody else will make an effort to answer
the questions I asked in a way that shows a minimal amount of respect
for my good faith effort to use kmail for real work here at kde
development.

John