List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Game library
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-01-11 18:26:26

Hello,

On Wed 10 Jan 2001 14:58 Martin Heni wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> lately I was thinking of an easy way to have KDE games use
> computer and network players. So far I use some tool in my
> programs which do so but unfortunately they are clumsy and
> horrible - I can say so as I wrote them ;-)

Similarly to what I've worked on the last weeks. There are different points
to start:
-KGGZ, the core client for GGZ games, as a KDE version (already working)
-Zone, a more-in-mind-than-in-code app, to support the above one with little
tools
-support for network games. I'm currently trying to figure out how to deal
with e.g. Konquest, and just for fun there does now exist a KHangman, w/
different styles and the ability to have both multiple players in front of
one computer and network players connected to each other.

KGGZ is part of GGZ and will not be part of KDE, as there are already about 8
games available, most of them Gtk+ games.
The other ones are planned to be used in KDE, however most of the work did
just start. For instance, I've integrated a connection dialog into Konqueror
(calling it kggz_embedded), and connected it with a separate MimeType named
".zone". Thus you can easily arrange Internet gaming sessions.

The MindX project pages (check the URL below) are currently redesigned, I'll
inform you when the first code and documentation is online.

Josef Spillner

--
The MindX Project - http://mindx.sourceforge.net
student - js177634@inf.tu-dresden.de