List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Moving some panel and tray applets from QPopupMenu to KPopupMenu
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2001-01-09 18:43:05

I read malthes message in the digest version, so it's not quoted:
Message: 1
charset="iso-8859-1"
From: Malte.Starostik@t-online.de (Malte Starostik)
To: kde-devel@kde.org
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:06:39 +0100

Hi,

just compared some of the kicker and systray applets context menus and
noticed that some use QPopupMenu, others use KPopupMenu, some of the latter
with, some without a title, some titles with, some without icon in the title.

I changed the following applets and apps to use KPopupMenu with a title and
icon in the title and added the standard icons for "Preferences..." etc. were
they were missing. I also changed KSystemTray::contextMenu() to include
kapp->miniIcon() in the title, and not only kapp->caption():

Dock apps:

klipper
korn
ksirc
kteatime
kmix

Panel applets:

clockapplet (erm, there is no small "clock" icon yet?)
minipager
kmixapplet

Question to the authors:
Do you have any objections against those changes? IMHO it looks more
consistent. Thanks for your comments,
-Malte