List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde's future
From:       Catalin Climov <xxl () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2000-12-31 13:41:42

<clip>

> Any chance to hear from Shawn/theKompany about Magellan?
> There were some mails about it on kde-user, but I was not able to locate
> info Magellan on www.thekompany/projects/

</clip>

We have forked off Magellan eons ago, and renamed it to Aethera in order to
avoid confusion. Check http://www.thekompany.com/projects/aethera/index.php3
for more info regarding the project and it's roadmap. We were planning a
"technology preview" (aka alpha release *g*) in December, but that got
postponed due to a last-minute decision to rewrite to UI.
As of regarding the Aduva Manager, I think it is a really nice and useful
piece of software. FYI, we (i.e. theKompany) have a similar tool in works:
Magnum ][ Update. Magnum started as a RPM management tool for out PowerPlant
product and will eventually end as a fully featured package administration
utility. Unlike Aduva Manager, Magnum has less eye candy :) (that's mostly
because we have to keep the GUI and TUI consistent - yes, Magnum has a Text
User Interface, too), and is focused only on package management.

xxL

--
What do you mean "signature" ?
Catalin Climov <xxl@thekompany.com>