List:       kde-devel
Subject:    karchiveur as replacement for ark in CVS? (was: Re: karchiveur - 2.0)
From:       Moritz Moeller-Herrmann <mmh () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-12-30 15:43:26

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 12:26:29PM +0000, Eric Coquelle wrote:

> [...]

Si on a un system completement RPM, c'est plus facile a adminstrer. Ou tu
pourrais ajouter le .SPEC file a l'archive. On pourrais commander
«rpm -ta karchiveur.tgz»

>  Je suis tout à fait favorable à mettre karchiveur sur CVS, d'autant plus
>  que j'aurais besoin d'aide pour ajouter un "module" composant, comme pour
>  aktion ou kwrite (moi, j'y arrive pas). Mais comment faire ? Si tu as de
>  bons contacts avec l'équipe KDE, dis moi simplement comment mettre tout
>  ça sur CVS.

I am sending a copy of this to KDE-DEVEL, the public mailing list, so I
write this in English.  I think all you or I have to do is to ask. It will
then be merged into the CVS repository.

For people not speaking French, I congratulated Eric to his excellent
karchiveur program, which as far as I can judge looks a lot better than ark.
It has just reached it's first stable KDE2 release.

So I proposed putting it in the KDE-CVS and to include it in the base
distribution as a replacement of ark. As far as I know ark is still
unmaintained, isn't it?

Also Eric could use help for adding a "module ". Do you mean making
karchiveur a kpart for creating archives?

>  French is not so difficult..
Ce n'est pas plus difficile que allemand, et pas trop dure a lire, mais je
ne l'utilise pas assez....

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net ICQ# 3585990
What is the difference between Scientology and Microsoft? One is an evil cult