List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: MD5 stuff
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-29 17:17:33

On Friday 29 December 2000 07:04, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 December 2000 22:08, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > See http://lists.kde.org/?t=97645154100001&w=2&r=1
>
> Ha, that's what I get for not following core-devel. Anyway, I take it no
> decision has been reached about the status of md5 in any particular
> library? I'd like to side with the KMail people and call for md5 in kdecore
> or some such, along with base64.

I already have such a class which creates a standalone library (~17k).
It contains a C++ MD5 implementation adapted for KDE, wrapper classes
for base64 and digest authentication.  You can get it from
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/code/ksasl.tgz.  I did not commit this
becuase of the discussion I pointed out in the previous link.  We also have
not decided whether to link this library against libkio or make it standalone.
I favor the latter because the lib is very small and it won't automatically
increase the size of all apps linked against KIO, just those that need to make
use of it...

Regards,
Dawit A.

P.S.  If you decide to try this out, do not forget to create a link to
kde-common/admin before running make -f Makefile.cvs. Also if
you want to compile the test class do not forget to do a "make check".