List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2.1 which is in debian unstable gets really sloooowww after some time
From:       Michael Meding <Michael () Meding ! net>
Date:       2000-12-20 19:47:38

Hi,

> Do you have to use a new kernel? I just did a fresh base install, but of
> slink (or was it potato), and then I did a dist-upgrade to unstable. I
> installed the X server and got that working and freshly installed
> KDE 2.1 beta1, but it just won't work. I get KDM and when I log in,
> after the first icon shows up (starting system services?) ksplash
> disappears and I'm left with just that gray screen.
I use latest test with some patches to get dri running.

By the way, konqueror showed this time another behaviour. It apparently had
so,me problems with a website, started to eat between 88and96 percent of my
cpu power and about 45 megs. Then it died without the coming up of krash.

Funny.

Greetings

Michael