List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konsole patches
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-19 19:30:01

Dear all,

After a short discussion on #kde ("Who wants this feature?" "me!" "me too!"
etc.) I modified konsole to actually check for updated schema files when the
schema menu is accessed. While I was at it, I fixed some i18n issues in
schema.C, which is why this message is also for kde-i18n. The new strings are

	[missing title]
	Konsole Default

[kde-i18n: there's also an i18n call with argument line+6, which is a line
read from a .schema file. Since the .schema files don't support any kind
of i18n this sounde like it's asking for trouble. Is there any standard
way of dealing with strings, not in .desktop files, that should be
translated? (Actually, I suspect: just turn .schema into .desktop with
ServiceType = KonsoleSchema)]

I hope I don't step on anyone's toes by doing this ... O yeah, I'd like to
claim debug area 1211 for konsole, while I'm at it. There are a very few
kdDebug(1211) calls in konsole now, but this may change.

On a related note .. does every system known to KDE have errno and
strerror()? Or do I have to pay attention to HAVE_ERRNO and HAVE_STRERROR
in config.h?

I won't commit anything till I've heard back on the strerror() stuff first.

--
[ade] at home: adridg@sci.kun.nl
Probably hacking at KDE2.