List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIcon::User dont load any Icons
From:       CFJH <juergen.hochwald () privat ! kkf ! net>
Date:       2000-12-04 22:32:20

Hi

I want to load application specific icons with the KIcon::User attribute
but no Icons are loaded (the standard unknown icon is returned).

Here is the program fragment where I try to load the icons:
  IconLoader = new KIconLoader();
  QL->setPixmap(STATUS, IconLoader->loadIcon("help",KIcon:User));
  delete IconLoader;

The icons are in the desired directory(in my case
"/opt/kde2/share/apps/klseti/pics", there is a file "help.xpm" and
"help.png", I don't know wich is used).
I also tried to give the full path to the file, the full file and
extension, KGlobal ....

I looked in the source of other programs where it works but I cant find
a difference or an error.

I use kdevelop 1.3beta1 for the developing (kdevelop 1.2 doesn't create
working KDE 2.0 projects for me) and KDE 2.0 final on Suse Linux 7.0
prof.

What make I wrong, Why can't I load Icons with the KIcon::User
attribute.

--
Jürgen Hochwald
Home : http://www.privat.kkf.net/~juergen.hochwald