List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.0.1 is fixed?
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () linuxqa ! com>
Date:       2000-12-03 12:33:47

Hi,

> The packagers get normal tarballs, I presume you want fully-fledged RPM's, for that
> you will have to wait until the packagers are done creating them.

No, some of the guys here will make the RPM's. That why I need the tarballs.

> If not, you can get the version by doing a checkout of cvs with the tag: KDE_2_0_1_RELEASE

I need it without the CVS stuff (e.g. Make -f Makefile.cvs) - I thought that
this will be removed in the tarball packages...

> On the contacting: David is the one doing the coordination of the releases. But they
> also appear on the website www.kde.org and ftp.kde.org

No, those RPM's are available for general public use. I need it before it
appears to the public use so we can make those RPM's for our user who will use
our product.. I cannot talk much about our up-coming product due to NDA I had to
signed.

> btw. what does your company offer, is looks like a service, but you mentioned a
> product.

It's a service built with a product (actually few products, but again - NDA)..

> Also check the website, the purple on the right is not the same purple that is
> leaning against it. Looks wierd.

The screenshots on the page look crap quality. I made some new ones at
http://www.geocities.com/heunique/screenshots/

If you have other questions - I'll be glad to answer, but do it by private email
since this off-topic :)

<shameless plug>
I think that once our first product will be out, then Redhat 6.x users should
really download and test it - trust me, you'll like it a lot :)
The first release will be out free for non commercial use with source code
within few days (we're just preparing the servers)
</shameless plug>

Thanks,
Hetz

> --
> Thomas Zander                                            zander@earthling.net
> The only thing worse than failure is the fear of trying something new

Hetz Ben Hamo
Hardware Research dept.
Aduva Inc.