List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE art is popular :)
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () aixos ! net>
Date:       2000-11-01 3:33:01

On Tuesday 31 October 2000 04:47 am, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> >  http://www.kde.org/artist/storing.html
> >
> > there's written: "By submitting your icon to icons@kde.org you agree
> > that the
> > kde-artist-team may use your icon as a part of a product of the
> > kde-project under the respective free license of the belonging
> > application."

A:  I never saw that site.

B:  I never submitted icons to that email address, which I have never emailed.

C:  Neither of the above existed when I created my original icons (which are,
by the way, released under the GPL as stated in the original tar.gz's I made
available from my website...

So now, the question is, what if I took I took icons DIRECTLY from KDE,
modified them a little bit, and included them in a commercial program.

Would the icons being publicly available be sufficient, or would the entire
program?  My belief is that the GPL only applies to what it covers, it
doesn't automatically expand to cover everything it's inclusions happen to be
used within.

I think this is a good excercise for the legal minds. :)

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe@aixos.net