List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fixed sortof [Re: Logout problems with KDE_2_0_BRANCH]
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-10-26 7:36:25

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
> At 02:24 PM 10/25/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >  What is happening on my RedHat 6.2 installation is that the logout is
> very,
> >very slow, it takes about 30 seconds per application, so it at least half a
> >minute even if nothing is running except kicker and kdesktop (this with the
> >restore checkbox not checked).
>

> Cool, so you lucky guy get the session management dialog box up on the
> screen. Well I don't :) I will try again a bit later today a let the
> machine work for five minutes or so. I did not test that long yesterday.
>

> >  Probably there are some timeouts in the session management.
> >

> Hmm, this implies perhaps that there is a "core" application that does not
> do session management properly since this happens even when I have not
> opened any application after login.

Ok, I should I have done my homework better this time. I just discovered that I
by accident used an old (kde2) "startkde" script. Once I switced to the
correct I was able to logout. It does take some time to get the logout dialog
box on the screen though. However it only happens  if there are no applications
running when one activate the logout menu entry. If I keep an xterm running, I
get the logout box immediately.

--
Espen Sand