List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unusual problem.
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-09-30 14:02:58

> Question and problem,
>
> Problem: I have replaced the konsole panel button with one that runs
> gnome-terminal. Reason being is that I really like the ability to choose
> custom colors for foreground/ background. However, When I log out and
> choose 'Restore session' when I log back in the gnome terminals come
> back up but are frozen. I cannot type or even close the window unless I
> kill-9 <pid> of gnome-terminal.

Wow, that's what I call session management ;) The question is, do we
something wrong in ksmserver or is it gnome that's broken? I'll look
into the issue early next week.

If anybody wants to debug a gnome application, especially where exactly
it hanges when being restored by the KDE session management (i.e. in what
state), please go ahead. Anybody?

> Question: Is there a way to choose custom colors in konsole?

Sure, you can define custom colorschemes, not just foreground/background

Matthias