List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The Ultimate Installation/Unistallation Method
From:       Charles <charles () altair ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-09-21 2:15:06

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> Charles wrote (on Wed, 20 Sep 2000):
> > Casey: Go ahead and start up a project on sourceforge, send an
> > annoucement for this to Freshmeat, and email the author of that freshmeat
> > article (Connectiva's Claudio Matsuoka).  I'm sure you'll have all of our
> > blessings, as useful as that is :)
>
> 1.  I'm not a programmer.
> 2.  I'm not certain that it is necessary.  If RPMs can truly do everything
> that I want, then more power to them.

1. So don't be a developer, be an organizer/PR person
2. But they _don't_ do everything you want: You want something that works
everywhere.  It doesn't, mainly for political reasons (what does the "R"
stand for, is the answer).  And Cladio made some points.

But at the end, it's your project, do whatever you want :)