List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Question about fileaccess - again
From:       Joseph WENNINGER <joseph.wenninger () mgate ! teleweb ! at>
Date:       2000-06-14 10:45:20

Sorry for my first incomplete message

Am I mistaken or was I some time ago able to open and save files directly
to an ftp server with for instance "Advanced Editor" ?

If this used to work, it doesn't work for me now. (Snapshot 12.06.00) Suse 6.4

for the directory I enter ftp://root:*****@localhost
filename: hallo.txt

If I try to open hallo.txt nothing happens.
If I try to write hallo.txt I see in the debugoutput Error 11 /hallo.txt

What am I doing wrong ?
I thought with the IO-slaves I should be able to access files from anywhere

Another question. Can I open a QFile from an IO-slave accessed filesystem
eg. smb, ftp,  or can I pass an IO-slave directly to a QDomDocument
constructor somehow ?

Kind regards
Joseph WENINGER