List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Sprites
From:       Thomas Capricelli <capricel () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2000-06-09 11:55:10

	I'm programming a game under kde. While porting from kde1/qt1 to
kde2/qt2, i've moved from QwSpriteField (was in kdesupport) to QCanvas (in
kde-qt-addon, will be part of next release of qt .)

	Basically, QCanvas is the same (but better) as QwSpriteField, but is
'officially' part of qt now. I guess QwSpriteField will be removed soon (should
already have been according to me.., it will force people to port from
QwSpriteField to QCanvas. )

	Tiling is very easy with QCanvas,btw..

regards,

 On Fri, 09 Jun 2000, martin@heni-online.de wrote:
>Hiya,
>
>I might be wrong in this but if I remember correctly: A while ago some of the
>kdegames used to use the XSpriteWorld (qt-version). Now when I were looking at
>the games they do not use it but instead use qcanvas objects as sprites.
>So my questions:
>What method for a sprite based game should be used in KDE2.0?
>What method is faster?
>Will KDE include spriteworld at all or is qsomething better at
>sprites,tiling and scrolling?
>
>Thanks,
>Martin

Thomas Capricelli <capricel@yalbi.com>