List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature idea/app-starting
From:       Marcos Dione <mdione () hal ! famaf ! unc ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-05-30 22:43:25

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Bill Soudan wrote:

> I'll often take a pass through my desktops when I first log in, and start
> up the applications that I like to have running on each one.
> Unfortunately, I need to wait until the applications maps its window
> before I can change.

	well, in kde1, you could let the apps open when closing the
session, and then when loggin in again you get what you left (except for
some details like sticky and some non-kde apps).

> Anyone else think this would be a good idea?  It seems intuitive to me to
> make sure the application actually pops up on the desktop you start it on.

	anyway, yes, sure. I use to map the destop to tasks, so I use them
a lot. It'll be great.

--
"You're talking about an operating system that leaves all the security holes wide open
and makes the customer close them."