List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDatePicker observations
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       2000-05-30 20:17:25

Lotzi Boloni wrote:

>   Hi guys
>
>   I am trying to use the KDatePicker and there are some troubles with it:
>
> -I think that it's minimum size should be set to the current size hint.
> This is enforced even in the test program. I don't see any use of a
> datepicker widget displaying part of the month and scrollbaring around.
True.
> -The lineedit part is broken: at least I couldn't find a way to enter the
> current date. Allows only numbers in the yymmdd format and interprets it
> as mm/dd/19yy. I guess this is the fault of kdatevalidator.
It is intended to
° interpret 6 digit numbers as yymmdd, adding 1900 years
° interpret 8 digit numbers as yyyymmdd
This should work fine, at least for all tests I made. It also works in
kab.

It is a matter of taste if 6 digit dates are meant to be in this or last
century, so maybe it should be configurable.
--Mirko.
--
Drei Dinge gibt es, denen alle Menschen gern gemütlich zuschauen:
° fliessendes Wasser,