List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Errors in kdelibs compiling [PowerPC]
From:       Thomas Capricelli <capricel () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2000-05-15 12:37:49

>Heh, it seems someone else out there is trying KDE2 on Linux/PPC :-). Does playing
>WAV files work on your machine?

	if you're using linuxPPC then

	1) there's a bug in the /dev/dsp driver that is not initialized. I can
hear wav file by running mpg123 on a mp3 file before, it will initialize the
/dev/dsp, and then, you are able to play .wav

	2) you should change your distribution, this one is a nightmare

regards,
Thomas