List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fatal kwrite bug
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-05-11 6:30:11

At 08:19 AM 5/11/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Am Don, 11 Mai 2000 schrieb Mike Rolig:
>> ouch,  I just killed a document....
>>
>> I was working on a file in kwrite.  I got done save and went on working.
>>
>> I came back to the kwrite window later decided to reuse it, hit the new
>> file button on the toolbar.  I worked on the new document (title bar
>> shows "unknown" for a file name).  When I hit save it did not ask me for
>> a file name.  I was suspitious and looked at the file I worked on
>> before, it had the data for the new file saved and not the original.
>> Please look into fixing this.
>
>Shit, I thought I solved this problem. I will have a look into it next week.

Hi,
when I have similar problems in khexedit and elsewhere (possible data
loss) I always add a temporary popup dialog box in the critical sections.
Just so that people know about the problem before it is too late. In this
case a popup when the editor starts or perhaps when one save a document.

--
Espen Sand