List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KWrite and KParts
From:       Alexei Dets <dets () services ! ru>
Date:       2000-05-10 20:31:57

Hi!
As I notice KWrite is a KPart now.
I don't need KWrite as a whole thing, I need slightly stripped down
version.
And I need to inherit it because I'm pretty sure that I'll need to
change KWrite_Doc and I can't simply inherit from KWrite_Doc because it
is a friend class but its child will not be.
So, I must inherit KWrite, KWrite_Doc and KWrite_View - they are all
"friends" :-(
I can say that my KWrite will not be KWrite from kdelibs, why I need
this strange and useless in my case KPart thing?
So, the question is: what is the fastest way to get rid of this bloat
and convert KWrite back to plain QWidget?

	WBW, Alexei Dets

PS. Can anyone explain me how this can work:
    /**
      Gets a C-like null terminated string
    */
    const QChar *TextLine::getString();