List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Before we go into Beta
From:       Jono Bacon <jonobaconlists () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 15:19:16

--- Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:
> Jono Bacon wrote:
> >
> > > These people are not developers who can just
> > > download from CVS, compile,
> > > modify script and run - these are end users..
> >
> > My thoughts precicely, and to be quite honest, I
> am
> > surprised there has been so much opposition to the
> > idea.
> >
> Yep, they are end users. But not just of KDE, but
> also
> of rpm, wget and bash :)

If you go with that philosophy, then the GUI would'nt
have been created. Yes there are tools to install KDE
aleady...but we want to provide a nice easy soloution
for the user. what is so wrong with that?

Whats even stranger is that some people are
complaining...and they dont have to code it as someone
has decided to do the work.

Cheers,

         Jono

=====