List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Before we go into Beta
From:       "Hummel, Timo" <timo.hummel () sap ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 10:39:56

>1. Installation - someone on the mailing lists offered to write an
>installation program. Is it ready? I didn't see it on CVS. If not - Why not

>modify the original KDE 1.1 installation routine to fit to KDE2??

I'm planning to write a graphical installation program, but first
I have to finish the Dr. Konqi stuff. After that, I would spend some
time developing such an installation program.

Another question: I also planned to put KDE2 on CD-ROM, how can I make
it cross-platform compatible? As seen with the preAlpha builds from Chris,
most distributions dont like each other (e.g. you get much unresolved
library links and such).....

Timo