List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Before we go into Beta
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 10:37:45

Hi,

As we all know, this week we should release the first Beta of KDE 2, so
here are some points which I think should be taken care of..

1. Installation - someone on the mailing lists offered to write an
installation program. Is it ready? I didn't see it on CVS. If not - Why not
modify the original KDE 1.1 installation routine to fit to KDE2??

2. Mirrors - When the mirrors should be updated? (I want to publish KDE 2
beta 1 announcment on slashdot AFTER we have mirrors of KDE 2)

3. 3rd party applications? In order to get an SSL secured page under
konquror for example, you'll need to have OpenSSH program. Should we just
mention it on the readme text document?

4. Bugzilla/Bug report - Should we reset the numbers/bugs or something?
Corel QA guys and all the others who want to test the beta would probably
want to submit bug reports, and we need some sort of indicator from where
the bugs of beta1 begins etc...

Thanks

Hetz Ben Hamo
Sys. Admin.